Charts for Sale

Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Sewing Machine Has Been Humming...

Do you remember when a posted a snap of some nine patch blocks?


Well I turned those blocks and lovely bird fabric into this...


Of course Emma was right there making sure she was part of the action:


Heritage Birds Quilt
Country Sampler
This stripy quilt is constructed with three strips of nine-patch blocks, set on the diagonal. The strips are bordered with 2 narrow brown strips and a wider pink print strip. The lovely bird fabric is used in the two wide strips. I used fabrics from  the Collection for a Cause Heritage fabric line by  Howard Marcus Dunn for Moda. The proceeds from the Heritage fabric collection is donated to Gilda's Club, whose mission is to provide an emotional and social support community for individuals living with cancer. The fabric line was reproduced from a 19th century antique quilt.

This past week I also picked up my Christmas quilt from my long-arm quilter.




Cactus Wreath
Cozy Quilt Designs

 




Of course Emma had to pose for a snap on the Christmas quilt. The top was free motion quilted on a long-arm quilting machine. Carolyn quilted the top with poinsettias and holly leaves, using a Christmas red/green/white variegated thread. This quilt will go on my bed the day after Thanksgiving through the New Year.

Before the sibling rivalry rears it's ugly head... I'll leave you with a snap of Owen, enjoying his ride in my truck to visit Grandma.