Charts for Sale

Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Love Affair with Adam and Eve Samplers Continues

I'll be leaving 2009 behind with a few additions to my A&E sampler collection. I started stitching Dorothy Ians, by the Sampler Dames, a little over a week ago. The original sampler resides in The Charleston Museum, Charleston, S.C. The sampler is stitched with a combination of AVAS and Soie de Paris.  I chose to stitch Dorothy on a piece of 36 ct BOAF Barn Owl linen. The kit came with a 30 ct. parchment linen which IMHO was blah.

Dorothy really liked the color forest green.... but I'm growing weary of the color, which had never been a favorite of mine.

That sure is some bodacious booty on Adam and Eve!

I've also spent a bit of time at the cutting mat and the sewing machine this past week. I figured since I completed one quilt I deserved to start at least a couple of new quilt tops. These darling little quilt blocks are all of 4 1/4". I've pieced five of these blocks and only have to stitch 190 more blocks for my quilt top.


Our quilt guild had a trunk show from a wonderful shop in Sun Prairie, WI - JJ Stitches. She displayed a quilt called - Dipped in Chocolate - and it was love at first sight. I  came home from that guild meeting with a lovely quilt top kit. It sat in my quilt stash closet for many months. I cut the hundreds of 1 1/4" strips needed to make the quilt blocks.... and then it sat in the quilt stash closet for many months. Finally, its time has come, and I will be piecing these 4 1/4" blocks, composed of 1 1/2" patches, for many, many weeks to come.


 I received a wonderful package in the mail yesterday from Ginger Cazan.She creates handmade American redware. 
The Tile will hang on the sunporch to welcome all who come to visit Corgi Cottage.Owen likes it too!