Charts for Sale

Monday, April 22, 2013

I Heart Tula Pink

      We were celebrating a finish on Sunday morning at Corgi Cottage... but it wasn't a stitching finish, it was a quilt top finish. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have recovered my quilting mojo. I have Michelle and Tula Pink to thank for my return to the wonderful world of quilt top construction. Thank you ladies!
         Drum roll please.... my completed Field Study by Tula Pink quilt top.





I Heart My Frog Prince!
No quilt top is considered complete until approved by the Head Quilt Top Inspector. Emma gave the quilt top her two paws up sign of approval.

      It wasn't all about quilting these past couple of weeks... I also worked on Rachel Howells. I'm building Rachel's house and I'm almost finished.


      There was a lot of prep work to be done on the Mermaid Treasures tutorial project. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that I've basted more that 5 feet of linen for the project. Now I'm ready to start Lesson 3 and the 'fun' stitching.

      
       I also couldn't resist adding to my collection of Tula Pink fabrics from her earlier collections.  I want to have a variety of fabrics to chose from when I create the blocks for her new City Sampler quilt.

 I love the way the Etsy shop owner, Making Stuff Up, packages her fabrics. It's a pleasure to receive something so beautifully presented. I bought one bundle of fabrics and was glad to return to her Etsy shop and order more!
      Please check back on Friday, April 26th, as we celebrate a very special day here at Corgi Cottage.

Laurie