Charts for Sale

Monday, February 15, 2010

Let the Games and Stitching Begin!

     I am not a sports fan... but every four years I plant my butt in front of the tv for the Winter Olympic Games. I'm always amazed at the grace, beauty, talent and passion of the athletes. Wonderful!
     I decided to make AAWFAA my focus sampler for the 2010 Games. I know I've spent hours stitching on this sampler... yet it seems as if I've accomplished so little. The fill-in is stitching is a perfect compliment to Olympic viewing.


      I've done a much better job at keeping up with my quilting BOMs. Here's a snap of the latest block from the French General-Rouenneries quilt top.
 
     I finally started  the My Favorite Things BOM. I still haven't decided on wool or not for the center block... but I was eager to start the month #2 block. We had to make eight of these six inch blocks.
 
 
     Next up is Block #2 for the Civil War Tribute BOM. Oh my... lots and lots of points in this fifteen inch quilt block. I've completed one block and have to make three more.
 
Emma and Owen keep me company in the sewing room... they don't look as enthused about quilt piecing as I am!
 
 Owen was very happy with his new Valentine's Day toy.
But he does get a bit miffed at me and my obsession with capturing his every move with a snap.
Have a great week everyone!