Charts for Sale

Monday, February 6, 2012

Final Sunday January Challenge and Stitching Plans for 2012 and Beyond

      I'm late with my blog post but many events conspired to keep me away from my blogging duties. The most pressing problem is that my computer no longer recognizes my digital camera. Please pardon the less than ideal photos of my latest sampler start. I had to resort to using my scanner, which is not my first choice, but it's better than nothing.
      I chose another 'Smith' sampler as my final Challenge project. It's Elizabeth Smith and here's my start.
 Elizabeth Smith 1811
The Scarlet Letter
40 ct. Lakeside Vintage Light Examplar
DMC

      I struggled with the DMC  and had problems with the thread knotting. It was getting exasperated, but finally, with just a little twist of the needle after every few stitches, I seem to have resolved most of the knotting problems. I love the color palette of this sampler. Little Elizabeth only used twelve colors in stitching her masterpiece.
      I've enjoyed my Sunday January Challenge and have plans to do another Challenge in January 2013. I hope some of you will join me in 2013. I hope that I'll also continue to post blog updates on a weekly basis. I'm going to try... give me a nudge if you too much time passes before my next update.
      For those of you who would like a review of the projects I've started... I'll begin with my Christmas start, Emma Miles, followed by Rebecca Cullin, Frederick, Ann Smith 1767 and the Sampler Stocking.
I plan to continue working on all these projects this year, but I also want to return to some works-in-progress from 2011.

Starting at the  top left: Jane Atikinson, Ann Grant, Elizabeth Sheffield and Brown Egg Farm. Oh, I can't forget Garden Glade.
Of course I have a half dozen more samplers waiting to be started... so much stitching to do and only so many hours in the day. These days it's my eyes that grow weary way too soon.
      I'm looking forward to my stitching journey in 2012 and I'm looking forward to seeing where your stitching journey will be taking you this year.

Emma and Owen don't seem too interested in stitching journeys but they sure know how to nap.

I am grateful for my scanner.