Charts for Sale

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Annie and a Snow Day

      We got our first major snowfall of 2012 last Friday and the pups and I made the most of it. Of course... I made them trudge through the deep stuff to make a path for me to walk.
 I had two very worn out pups by the time we got back to the house.
      Two more stitchers have joined Katrina and me for the January Sunday Challenge. Check out Kim's and Elizabeth's blogs to see what they've chosen for their Sunday starts.
      I know you can hardly wait to see what I started for the third Sunday of January project. Here she is in all her glory.
Ann Smith 1767
The Scarlet Letter
36 ct Lakeside Light Examplar
AVAS
       My friend Margaret stitched Annie last year and I fell in love with her the minute I laid eyes on her. I always blame Margaret for getting me into trouble with my needlework budget... everything she stitches I want to stitch. She's such a bad influence on me. Thanks Margaret! :-) LOL
      One of my giveaway prizes arrived in the mail this past week. It's Minick and Simpson's latest quilt book, Victory Girls.  It's a wonderful book that includes patriotic quilt patterns and rug hook patterns in honor of all the "brave women who kept the home fires burning during WW II."  Check out this book the next time you're in your local quilt shop.
 
       We all love our pets... but are there parts of your pets that you find irresistible?
The spotlight seems to fall on my Emma more often than my sweet boy Owen. But that's probably because Owen gets the most unpleasant look on his face when he sees me with the camera in my hands. 
      I wanted to share one of Owen's parts with you today... his whiskers. Owen has black whiskers on the right side and white on the left. I find his whiskers irresistible.

I am grateful for snow days with my pups.