Charts for Sale

Sunday, December 18, 2011

One More Finish for 2011

      I wanted to get one more finish in to wrap up a wonderful year of stitching. Amy Mitten's Such an Undertaking was a fine way to end my stitching year. I discovered how wonderful Amy's Fibers to Dye For are to stitch with and how much texture the chain stitch adds to the tree trunk. I'm going to have to remember that for future tree trunk stitching.
 Such An Undertaking
Amy Mitten Designs
R&R 36 ct. Iced Cappuccino
Fibers to Dye For

 
      I just couldn't resist starting a new project. I've really fallen off the 'finish one project at a time' wagon. I've wanted to stitch CHS - Garden Glade for some time now and it just felt like the perfect project to start now that the winter grey skies and dreary days are upon us in northeast Iowa.
  Garden Glade
Carriage House Samplings
40 ct.  Lakeside Vintage Bluegrass
Over Dyed Silks


     
      Friday night into early Saturday morning we had some snow showers. Emma and Owen made the most of that one to two inch snowfall on our Saturday morning prairie walk.
 
      It's hard to believe that next Sunday we will be celebrating Christmas Day. I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all my blog readers a wonderful holiday season. May your wishes and dreams come true.
      Merry Christmas! 
Laurie, Emma and Owen