Charts for Sale

Friday, April 9, 2010

The Wonder Pups

     My niece's daughter, eight year old Isabelle, created a spectacular Easter egg diorama featuring Emma and Owen. 
Isabelle won third place in the egg decorating contest. Emma, Owen and I think she should have won First Place. Isabelle will always win  First Place in our hearts.
     I spent time at the sewing machine piecing the third block pattern for My Favorite Things BOM. I'm not too jazzed about this block... I wouldn't have made the same fabric choices as the designer did for this block... it looks a bit muddied to me. I made eight of these blocks for the quilt top.
Old Maid's Puzzle
     I also stitched up Block #4 for the French General BOM.
      I completed both houses for the Anniversaries of the Heart sampler. I thought I was never going to finish the brick work on the Valentine Rose. It looks like a small block, but there is lots of stitching to be done. 
     I'm leaving all the personalization to the end because I haven't decided how I want to personalize this sampler. I also want to see all the designs before making my final decision.
Anniversaries of the Heart
      I'll leave you today with a snap of the Primrose blooming in my back garden.