Charts for Sale

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tis the Season



Tis the Season - Blackbird Designs 
40 ct. Lakeside Pear with Belle Soie

I made one deviation from the charted colors. My Poison Apple was too pink, so I switched to Tulip.
This past week we had our monthly quilt guild meeting. Carolyn gave a wonderful program on Tessellating Star quilts. She included a demonstration on creating a Magic Pinwheel quilt. It's a wonderful project for using those lovely charm squares we've been collecting. I couldn't wait to get home and try my hand at Magic Pinwheels. I chose the French General - Rouenneries charm pack.
First you sew the 5" squares into rows and add a 3" setting border on all four sides.


Now the fun begins. Using a 3" square, marked plexiglass ruler, which you carefully line up at the intersections of  charm squares:

You cut out your pinwheel squares using a rotary cutter, preferably with a new blade.

Carefully lay out your squares in the order in which they were cut. Sew all the squares in a row together and then sew your rows together. You will end up with a Magic Pinwheel quilt top: 


What a fun project. Thank you Carolyn for a wonderful program. 
As promised, a few more snaps of the Holiday decorations at Corgi Cottage.


This small feather tree is set up in my sewing room. The tree is decorated with Springerle cookies that I purchased at our local Farmer's Market. The angel was too large to hang on the tree, so I rested it at the base of the tree, along with two bars of Christmas Honey soap from the Farmer's Market. I was told to wrap the cookies in tissue paper for storage and my Springerle cookies will last 100 years. 
 This is the view I have of my bedroom when i'm sitting at my sewing  machine.

Here's a close-up snap of the wall quilt:

 I'll leave you today with a snap of the Princess.

Thank you so much for visiting Corgi Cottage and taking the time to leave a comment. Your compliments on my quilting and stitching are so very much appreciated. I'm still working on the selvage quilt top and hopefully will have an updated snap soon. I did want to point out that the idea for the selvage quilt was featured in an issue of Quilter's Home. I just didn't want to give anyone  the false impression that it was an original idea.
I can't decide if I want to stitch another Christmas design or return to Dorothy Ians... suggestions anyone?

Till next time my faithful readers....