Charts for Sale

Monday, October 26, 2009

Some Stitchy News

I'd like to give a 'shout out' to my friend Margaret. Thank you so much, dear friend, for blessing me with the One Lovely Blog Award. Margaret is a truly talented stitcher of reproduction samplers with a blazing fast needle. She inspires me with her lovely 'fini' posts on her blog, Days of a Sampler Lover.

A special thank you is being sent to Deb, the finisher extraordinaire, for providing the names of the BOAF Halloween designs. 


I have a bit of stitching news to share with you today. I picked up this piece from my framer the other day.





1848 Reproduction Sampler
Barrick Samplers
Belle Soie Silk on 36 ct Lakeside Vintage Examplar

I've made some progress on Witches Hollow - The Primitve Needle. I made a counting error and decided to be creative in finding a solution that didn't involve unstitching. So my piece is not true to the chart... 


Witches Hollow
The Primitive Needle
40 ct. Lakeside Vintage Pear w/GAST and WDW
 

Come join in the fun! La Brodeuse Brode is having a Christmas SAL. It starts November 1st. The Thread Basket and  Jardin Prive have organized a 4 week SAL, with a new part being released each week. Check out the blog for photos of the stocking designs and more detailed information.

I'll leave you today with a snap of my sweet Owen.