Charts for Sale

Monday, March 5, 2012

Where's My Mate???

       The final stitches were placed in Frederick and here he is in all his glory. Isn't he a handsome boy?  Of course he won't be content until his mate, Fredericka, is completed. Be patient my dear boy, be patient.
 Frederick
Carriage House Samplings
40 ct Lakeside Pearled Barley
Needlepoint Inc silks
        An old friend was calling my name and I spent several hours working on Ann Grant. I find the colors so appealing on these long, dreary winter days. 
 Ann Grant 1829
Shakespeare's Peddler
40 ct. Lakeside Sand Dune
Silks as Charted 

I completed the top row of eyelet stitched alphabet. I had to resist completing the second row... I want to savor those eyelet stitched letters. I spent the majority of my time working on those border flowers. As my friend Margaret says, once you have the stitch count down the repetitive border flowers stitch up quickly.
      When I received my latest issue of Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly I fell in love with the 1823 RHV Sampler reproduced by Christy Schmitz and Vickie Jennett. I thought it would be the perfect sampler to be stitched on 45 ct. linen.
 1823 RHV Sampler
SANQ - Spring 2012
45 ct. Lakeside Vintage Sand Dune
Variety of Silks

 I love the way the silk stitches stand up on the 45 ct. linen. The gold stitches beneath the second alphabet are horizontal queen stitches. Lots of fun to stitch and I think they look amazing.
      Emma and Owen reminded me that I failed to include any photos of them in my last post. I tried to capture them in action during one of their nightly wrestling matches, followed by a shared grooming session. Owen also found the perfect spot to rest his weary head... the carpeted doggie steps.
      My thoughts are with all of you who have been affected by the tornadoes and high winds.  
I am grateful for the roof over my head.