Charts for Sale

Monday, March 26, 2012

Ring, Ring.... It's Your Framer Calling

      It's always a pleasure when my phone rings and the Caller ID lets me know my framer is on the line. I had brought three samplers to be framed and they were ready to be picked up.
I love the moulding  I chose for all three samplers and couldn't be happier with the results.
First up is Dorothy Walpole:


Not Forgotten Sampler


      I rearranged a portion of my Sampler Wall in the dinning room to include the two newly framed samplers. I have a direct view of the Wall when I'm sitting in my stitching nook.
 
The Rising Harvest Sampler


I haven't selected a spot for this one yet.

      I also finished Ann Grant last night. Annie G. was such a joy to stitch. I loved the colors in this sampler and the lovely eyelet stitch alphabet. For some reason the tree in the bottom left hand corner of the sampler gave me fits. I kept loosing my place on the chart which added to the difficulty of getting all those branches stitched correctly. It's a dreary, cloudy day today and the linen color did not come out true to color on my photos.
      Here she is in all her glory:
 Ann Grant 1829
Shakespeare's Peddler
40 ct. Lakeside Sand Dune
Silks as Charted




 We've been experiencing very mild, summer like, temps for the past couple of weeks. It was wonderful seeing the first blooms of the season in my garden.


I am grateful for a mild Iowa winter and summer-like temps in March.