Charts for Sale

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Year Ahead

 Before I begin my first post of 2010 I want to thank you all for visiting my blog and leaving me such lovely comments on my 2009 Year in Review post. You all know how to make a gal feel very special. You also encourage me to continue on my stitching and quilting journey in 2010.

Way back in May 2009 I started two Scarlet Letter samplers. 
Ann Medd
36 ct. PTP Legacy
AVAS as charted
An All Was For An Appil
30 ct. R&R Kansas City Blend
CC Blackbird and DMC
As you can see... I didn't accomplish very much on either of the samplers. I've decided to focus on both of these samplers in 2010.

 Deb, only has about a third of this huge sampler to complete. She's my inspiration for forging ahead on Ann. I'm hoping that  Siobhan, will be joining me soon too! I'll need lots of encouragement on this baby.

Ann will be 44" long by 18" wide upon completion. The Scarlet Letter website describes Ann as:

 "the Mother of all Samplers according to some overwhelmed admirers who have seen it in person. It is in effect, four separate samplers in one package: the upper third with the alphabets and a scene of Adam and Eve under the Tree of Life, titled Paradise Lost: the middle third a whimsy of vigorously blooming stylized flower-trees and a very fashionably attired couple with their pet dog, squirrel, and a deer: the lower third an enigmatic amalgam of myth and bucolic idealism; the borders complete the tablets of moralistic verse, each verse beginning with a consecutive letter of the alphabet, A through Z. The symmetry, balanced design, well chosen color, and sheer endurance of the maker, Ann Medd, are astonishing. The lower scene is most nontraditional and curious. A fisherman is engaged hooking a large fish from a meandering stream, while a shepherdess/mermaid (she holds a sheep crook in one hand, the mermaid's traditional mirror in the other, while her tail floats off into the background) tends her flock of sheep, all under the sun, moon and starts shining above simultaneously.

Here's what Ann will look like upon completion:

My friend Joann (no blog) and I decided to tackle AAWFAA as our SAL for 2010. Deb, Margaret and Katrina are also coming along on the journey. I'm not sure what count linen Joann has chosen for her sampler, but I'm pretty sure that Deb and Margaret have chosen a 40 ct. for their samplers. It will be fun to see how the samplers will look on the different count linens.This is a snap of how the sampler will look when completed:
I also have some quilting plans for 2010 as well. I'll be participating in two 'Block of the Month'  clubs, which both start this month.



Civil War Tribute
Judie Rothermel
My Favorite Things
Beth Fuller of Grace's Dowry Quilts
The Quilt Merchant

I received the center medallion for  My Favorite Things  in the mail yesterday. The applique center uses wool on a cotton ground fabric.
Since the weather forecast indicates that the temps will not get much above zero this coming week... I'll have lots of indoor time. I should be able to make some significant progress on my stitching and my quilting.