Charts for Sale

Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Perfect Ending to 2012

      I put the final stitches into Jane Pattison this past week. A perfect ending for the 2012 Stitching Year. I loved working with the Simply Wool fiber and hope to stitch another sampler one day using the wools.


 Jane Pattison 1806
Shakespeare's Peddler
32 ct. Lakeside Vintage Navy Bean
Simply Wool 
 
 
      I was hoping that Emma Miles would be completed in 2012, but it just didn't happen. All those satin stitched flower blossoms in the border took longer than expected. I just have a few more blossoms to complete and the remainder of the over one Adam & Eve along with some small motifs. I think this will be my first 2013 finish!

Emma Miles 1848
The Scarlet Letter
40 ct. Lakeside Light Examplar
AVAS silk
 
 
           I also worked on a few more panels for the PA German Sewing Box.
Side Panel

Bottom Panel

Side Panel
      While I spent many hours in my stitching chair Emma and Owen spent many hours doing this....
Emma 

Owen

      I was very blessed to have won several giveaways from generous bloggers.
Nancy of Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe had a wonderful giveaway each day of December. I was the lucky winner of several skeins of her floss and an assortment of charms.


        Kathy, The Unbroken Thread, had a wonderful giveaway of a two beautiful wooden laying tools made by her father. Why two... because I'm to keep one for myself and give the other one away. As Kathy states... the best gifts are the ones we can share. Someone will be receiving a surprise package in the mail.

 
        From the  very talented ladies of Tokens and Trifles I won an issue of Early American Life which included an article about Token and Trifles along with a perforated paper card to embroider.


      I've been longing for one of Marly's ("Samplers and Santas")  Sampler Boxes  and I finally have one to call my own. Of course it depicts Adam & Eve.


        I wish all of my blog readers a very Happy New Year. May it bring you many hours of stitching and sharing your accomplishments with your stitching friends. 
        A very dear friend of mine is battling liver cancer. She's been keeping her friends and family up-to-date with her diagnosis and treatments through group e-mails. Today she shared with us the following quote  and I'd like to share it with you... my blogging friends.

Christopher Robbins message to Winnie the Poop. 

 "There is something you must always remember.  You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.  But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.....I'll always be with you."
 


Laurie