Helen Vertue 1812
The Scarlet Letter
36 ct. Lakeside Vintage Pearled Barley
I did make some minor changes. The diamond motif was supposed to be done in satin stitch with an eyelet stitch border. I chose to stitch the motif in rice stitch. After stitching all of the windows in satin stitch I was ready to move on to a different stitch.
The flower blossoms in the upper and lower verse borders were stitched in queen stitch. It's been a long time since I've done any queen stitches and I thoroughly enjoyed stitching those blossoms.
Some readers requested my conversion for Helen. I think I've sent the conversion to everyone who requested it... but if I've missed anyone, please just leave a request in the Comments and make sure to include your e-mail address.
Spring has finally arrived in northeast Iowa. My crocus have bloomed and a few daffodils are starting to appear. The arrival of Spring also means that Emma and Owen can resume their romps in the community prairie. Nothing puts a smile on those sweet Corgi faces than a good ol' romp...
Until next time.... happy stitching.