Charts for Sale

Friday, August 27, 2010

Lots of Country Life (and Little Else)

     Oh my, it's been a very long time since I've last updated my blog. The pups and I have spent a lot of time this summer just sitting back and chillin' in the house enjoying the a/c. In all honesty... we've been very lazy. A slight touch of Fall has been in the air, with a temperature of 48 one early morning this past week. We've been alternating between a couple of Fall like days and then a return to heat and humidity. But, it won't be long now until Fall is here to stay. The tree across the street from Corgi Cottage is already changing leaf color to a beautiful orange/gold. The tree inspired me to change the banner and background in eager anticipation of the cooler days to come.
     Last time I posted Country Life looked like this:

   I've spent my time stitching madly away on the border and grass (very boring). Now my Country Life looks like this:
The photos can be enlarged by clicking on them if you'd like a close-up view. There is still lots of stitching left to do on the border flowers, birds and verse to add to the sky area... so we won't be doing the 'fini' happy dance any time soon. It's a beautiful sampler and has been a wonderful summer project.  I think I need to take a break from Country Life and perhaps work on a smaller project before returning and completing the sampler. 
     I've spent very little time at the sewing machine. I completed the August block for the French General BOM... and that was it.
      I like to introduce my traveling companion to you, my faithful readers. Annabelle and I will be crossing The Pond soon and we're both looking forward to sharing our adventure with you later this Fall. I can hardly contain Annabelle's enthusiasm... she's already packed her essentials and is counting down the days.
     Enjoy the remaining days of your Summer and the upcoming Labor Day weekend. Thank you for stopping by and visiting Corgi Cottage blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you and sharing the joy of stitching and quilting with you all.
      The transition period from Summer to Fall always makes me a bit nostalgic. I'll leave you today with some snaps of Emma and Owen in their pupper days.
 Till next time....