Charts for Sale

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Weekend

     We've been blessed with temps in the 70s the past few days. It's wonderful to be able to turn the furnace off and open the windows. There's a lovely breeze blowing through Corgi Cottage as I write this blog post
     Even though I've been tempted to sit on my sun porch, relax and enjoy our springtime weather... I put temptation aside and kept busy at the sewing machine this past week. 
      First up is my completed  Jo Morton's - Little Women's Club quilt top, Daffodil Hill,  from  Club#9.
The quilt  measures approximately 22" x 26". I'm thinking of quilting the top in a grid fashion with diagonal quilting lines through the center of the squares. 
      I stitched up the next three blocks of the Civil War Tribute BOM.
Double Aster
   Western Valley  
Barrister's Block
 
       I received a wonderful box from Deb, Artisticneedle, in the mail this week. It's always a good week when you receive a package from Deb. She finished my Blackbird Designs -Halloween stockings and Milady's Needle - In the Garden box and fob to perfection. Thanks Deb!
     I've also had some time to stitch. I've put a few more stitches into Hannah.
Hannah Lovina Joslin - 1836
Blackbird Designs - Honeysuckle Manor
36 ct. BOAF Sandpiper 
GAST, WDW and Crescent Colours  
      I'm still suffering from 'startitis' and decided I couldn't wait one more moment to start the new Anniversaries of the Heart series from those wonderful gals from Blackbird Designs. AotH is being stitched on a mystery piece of 40 ct. linen with the called for fibers.
      Wishing you all a wonderful Easter weekend. May it be filled with the promise of Spring and new beginnings.