Charts for Sale

Sunday, November 8, 2009

I've been bitten by the A&E bug,.. BAD!

My plan was to return to stitching on Witches Hollow upon completion of Sarah Seifer. That plan went right out the window when the A&E's continued to scream at me from the WIP closet. So, I spent this past week stitching:



Threads of Gold
Mary Corey, 1809
36 ct. R&R Antique Cotton
AVAS,NPI, Belle Soie silks

I wasn't completely satisfied with the look of the finished sampler. I wanted a stored in the attic, neglected, run over by a truck look for my sampler. Out came my bottle of Distress It and here is the end result.


The most marvelous package arrived in the mail this past week. Deb, finisher extraordinaire,  returned my Quaker pinkeeps and BOAF ornaments. Don't you just love the fabric she chose for the ornaments?




 
 
 
Birds of a Feather
White Christmas

I wanted to take a minute or two to respind to some comments from my previous post.  Melissa.... I stitched the buttonhole stitch on my Bernina Aurora 440. If I had to do those babies by hand it would take me a very L...O...N...G time. I use the #46 buttonhole stitch, which repeats each leg of the stitch twice, giving it a handstitched look.


My dear friend Siobhan wrote:
"The circles... looooove them! Penny rug, right?!"
You are very, very close my dear friend... but you haven't got it just right yet.

I was so relieved to find out that I have lots of company with my ADD stitching challenge combined with the dreaded 'startitis' disease. I am NOT alone.

Thank you, my faithful readers, for visiting Corgi Cottage and taking the time to leave me your comments. I read each and ever one and they are all very much appreciated.

I've been busy at the sewing machine too.... but you'll just have to check back to see what I've been up to!



The End