Charts for Sale

Monday, November 30, 2009

A Busy and Productive Thanksgiving Weekend

I hope you, my faithful readers, had a joyous Thanksgiving weekend. My niece, Alison, invited the entire family for a Thanksfiving feast. The dinner and company were both lovely. I spent the long weekend stitching, quilting and decorating for Christmas.
I recently got my Flag Day Farm quilt back from my machine quilter, Pat. It takes me a l.o.n.g time to get that binding attached. 
Flag Day Farm by Moda
Fabric by Minnick & Simpson


Click on the snap to enlarge. Pat did a wonderful job with the free motion quilting of the stars and loops. The 1776 plate is by Ginger Cazan. Of course the posting of a new quilt would not be complete without a snap of Emma.


I stitched a bit more on Dorothy Ians:
On Thanksgiving Eve I started my 2009 Christmas piece:


Tis the Season - Blackbird Designs
40 ct. Lakeside Pear with Belle Soie
No weekend would be complete without some time spent at the sewing machine. I made eighteen of these blocks:
The 5 inch finished blocks will eventually become this:
Gettysburg by ClothslineQuilts
I also worked on these:


Yes...those strips are created with the selvages of  fabrics used in quilt tops that were constructed over the  past year or so. Stay tuned to see what will happen with those Selvage Blocks.
I got a good bit of exercise over the long weekend as well. Numerous trips up and down the attic stairs to gather some Christmas decorations. Corgi Cottage is starting to look very festive.I thought it would be fun to share a snap or two of the decorations with each of my December postings.